Thursday, August 13, 2009

Two Thumbs Up Thursdays

Do you know any great consumer secrets? Do you know the perfect places to shop or eat? Do you have an eye for buying just the right product? Well, we want to hear about it. Two Thumbs Up Thursdays is the perfect opportunity to share those businesses or items with the rest of the world. I am going to post every Thursday about any businesses, items, or ideas that are worthy of two thumbs up. You do the same on your blog, and post a link to your blog here. Let’s start helping each other out!

Southern Delights Catering and Bakery
If you are on a budget and time is always flying by, then this is a great solution to supper. There is a lady in our church that caters, and she cooks these wonderful meals for families to purchase each week. You can go to her website and see the weekly menus and deadlines to order. The food is picked up or delivered on Fridays, and it will feed at least a family of four or five. I can’t buy many of the ingredients to a home cooked meal for less than $30, so this is great for us. We eat half, and then freeze half for later. Leave me a comment or email me if you want her name and number.

An Open Door Floral & Gifts
I am a big supporter of local businesses, and there is one in New Hope that I love. An Open Door Floral & Gifts is owned by four precious, talented ladies. They can do anything from paint to make the most beautiful flower arrangements. Their store is decorated so cute, and there are some great gifts to choose from. The jewelry is super cute! I plan to buy most all of my gifts there in the future. There is also some great home décor, t-shirts, cookbooks, crosses, and the list goes on and on. I hope some of you will find this store as delightful as I do.

Hank’s BBQ
I think that is what it is called. There is this hole-in-the-wall restaurant that used to be an old bar. The owner, Hank has won numerous trophies and awards for his famous BBQ. He recently placed third at Memphis in May. I have never been a big ribs eater, until I ate Hank’s ribs. Yummo!!!! We have never gotten anything there that we didn’t like. The children’s menu is very affordable which we like.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you send me her website where you see the menu? That sounds AWESOME!

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

What a great idea, Celeste! I may have to post a "Two Thumbs Up Thursday" next week! I'll also have to tell Hank that you're advertising for him! He will love it!! :) I would love to get the info for the caterer that you mentioned! That sounds awesome! Thank you!

Ford Family said...

Not sure how I stumbled upon your blog, but I'm a big fan! Could you please send me the catering ladies website? jmccoolford@gmail.com

Thanks so much!
Julie Ford

Your baby boy is precious!

kristy said...

I came across your blog from Haley Wood's blog. What a great idea for the "two thumbs up thursday"! Where is Hank's? We would love to try it. My e-mail is kristy.flye@medfusionrx.com