Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dear Mr. Hershey

Dear Mr. Hershey,

August 2009

I have been sitting at my desk this morning thinking of you. Even though we have never met, you are my favorite person on the face of the earth, excluding my family of course. (I'm suppose to say that part about my family, but you know you really are my favorite.) You bring joy to my life daily. I enjoy the fruits of your labor every morning! Of course we are not talking fruit here; we are talking chocolate. If chocolate could run through my veins, I would never feel sick again!

Love, your size 6 secret admirer

September 2009

It's about 9:00 p.m. and I can't seem to get you off my mind. Maybe if I would go indulge myself in your chocolate, I would sleep better tonight. I could finally breathe a deep sigh of relief and drift off to sleep as my head gracefully falls to my pillow. Then I would wake feeling very refreshed in the morning. Yep, I think I will go and treat myself to some chocolate.

Love, your size 6 secret admirer

October 2009

It is almost Halloween, and rather than focusing on our costumes, I have been daydreaming about all the generous donations people will so graciously give my son in his Halloween bucket. Some say it is the Devil's holiday, but I know it is really your holiday.

Love, your size 7 secret admirer

November 2009

I love November! Everyone is dashing around the grocery store to buy up the last turkeys, cans of cranberry sauce, and some of those orange potato things. I however am staring at the candy aisle knowing that I have it all to myself. When my family lists what we are thankful for on Thanksgiving, I don't care that my family looks at me like I'm crazy.

Love, your size 8 secret admirer

December 2009

Christmas is approaching I am getting ready for the Christmas Eve service. My husband must have dried my dress because it has shrunk. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that it is almost time for me to set my New Year's Resolutions. I have come to the very hard decision that you and I should spend less time together. Of course when I get those bad headaches, I will still turn to you. All this chocolate has not been good for my complexion or my jeans. I am very sorry, but I will never forget you!

Love, your size 8 1/2 secret admirer

January 2010

I hate you!!! I am supposed to go on vacation soon, and I can't even fit into my clothes. They have all shrunk. Even my bed has shrunk. What did you do to me??? I can't seem to quit obsessing over you, and wanting more chocolate. Why can't you get out of my mind and take these zits with you! I wish you and your chocolate would get out of my life.

Love, your size 12 secret admirer.

2 comments:

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

Ha! Insert French fries for me and that's the story of my life! I heart French fries!!! Mmmmmm. Jillian Muchaels 30 day shred is an amazing workout! $9 at walmart... Weights are on sale for $5. =) it's only a 20 min workout but I am dripping with sweat by the end! I don't have the time... Energy... Or money!! For P90x.

The Wood Family said...

Ha! I agree 100%. This is what I needed!!!! You can insert cupcakes for me!!!! There are too many boutique cupcake places around here! I wake up thinking about them! I agree with the comment above- I have the Jillian Michaels workout- if I could just do it everyday!