Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Guess Who Winner

Congratulations Lydia on guessing first, although several people knew who she was. Did you catch the extra hint in hint #2 about her being famous "write" now? She is Karen Kingsbury, one of the most famous Christian fiction authors of all time! I do have to confess that if I had she had walked into my house last month, I would not have recognized her. I had never seen what she looked like prior to meeting her in person, and I must say, she gives great hugs. I love a good tight squeeze. Those sissy hugs aren't for me. My elementary students used to say "OUCH, Mrs. Gillis" when I would hug them. I had to learn to loosen my grip a bit. Anyway, back on the subject, Karen (because we are on a first name basis now) was an excellent speaker and very down to earth. How she has the time to write with six children is beyond me.

I have another confession, I have only read one of her books and it was a children's book - "Let Me Hold You Longer." It only took me two boxes of Kleenex to get through it too. I am currently reading "The Shack" and my next goal is one of her books. This is where I need your help. Which book should I read first??? There are so many to choose from. My mom and so many of my friends love reading her books, so I am excited to be able to join in on the conversation about how good her books are.

P.S. If you are new to Christian fiction, let me throw out my favorite Christian writer's name to you as a suggestion - Terri Blackstock. She is awesome! There are several others that I really like, but she is still my favorite.

No comments: