Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rowe Update

Rowe is doing great! He is so big and growing everyday. He is getting taller, but thinning out some since he has started running everywhere. He has one more tooth that has grown in, and the rest of the teeth he did not have are all coming in now. I don't think there is one tooth left that is not in or coming in. He is handling it very well, knock on wood. He just has really yucky diapers.

He is learning something knew constantly. When we ask him if he wants something to eat, he says mmmmmmmmmmmm and walks to his high chair. It is too funny to watch. He tries to put his socks and shoes on himself, but is not successful yet. He would rather snack on them anyway. When I take him with me grocery shopping, he always says "mmmmmmmmm" when we pass food on an aisle. How in the world he knows the difference between food he has never seen before and a regular object is beyond me.

He talks nearly nonstop. I'm not too sure where he gets that from? We are still not fluent in Rowe's language, but we try. He tries to repeat what we say, and mimics what we do quite a bit. When we discipline him, we use the "Sad Stick." If he sees it lying around, he picks it up and shakes it at us saying, "No!" It is really hard not to laugh at him.

I am ashamed to admit this, but he is the church nursery bully. He plays too rough with the other children, and I think he tries to gnaw on them too. I guess it's the whole teething thing. He is not being mean; he just is so much bigger than the other kids and always plays rough with everyone. We are going to have start reading those books about manners like "Hands are Not for Hitting."

He is such a daddy's boy!!!! I thought phases were suppose to change. When Lee takes a picture of Rowe and I, Rowe starts reaching and crying for his daddy. I am not too happy about this!


Rowe Gains Hair!!! Check out the picture below of all of his hair that has grown in. He still doesn't have a lot in the front or on top, but at least there is a little in the back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so cute! And don't worry my lil man does the same thing when I have him he always wants his daddy, but he's coming around...I'm sure yours will too!

The Wood Family said...

Little Rowe is so precious! I just love his eyes! He may be a daddy's boy- but he looks just like YOU! Precious! Have a great week!