Wednesday, March 18, 2009

14 1/2 Month Update

Rowe is growing more and more everyday! He was sick a couple of weeks ago and I took him to the doctor. He had a viral infection with a 103 degree fever, but is much better now!!! We also had a blood drawn to find out which foods he was allergic to so he wouldn't keep having reactions. We should get those results next week. He weighed a little over 29 pounds and was 33 inches long which is the 97th percentile for both weight and length. He is in size 2t and 3t clothes. He has all of his teeth except three. The last eight all came in about the same time, even his molars. I am glad we got that out of the way at one time.

We have been working hard to wean him off of baby food. Basically, I just quit giving it to him, because the doctor said he would not let himself starve. He told me that after a couple of days of being hungry if he didn't eat his table food, that he would start eating it. He was right. He wouldn't eat any of it a week ago, and now he eats all of it. He ate catfish nuggets and a sweet potato last night for supper at Rubens. He really enjoyed himself with our Sunday School class and their babies last night. By the way, we are still trying to wean him off of shoes too - not wearing them, but eating them. I'll post about that later.
I think Rowe looks just like me in the above picture, especially my baby pictures. Rowe is the biggest one and is on the far left in case you were wondering. Luke is sitting next to him, and he is older than Rowe by a couple of months. Charlie is on the other knee and he is exactly one month younger than Rowe. Rowe is jealous of Charlie's hair! Huntley is in the background trying to get to his mama. He was not a big fan of lap time. Robyn is Luke's daddy that is holding the boys. There were about six babies there and all were boys. It was great!!!
I call the above picture - THE BALD AND THE BEAUTIFUL
His favorite thing is being outside like his daddy. His favorite toys are balls, his sunglasses, refrigerator magnets, and water bottles. He loves to play peek-a-boo and chase. He also loves to play with my hair a lot. He doesn't pull it out as much which is good. He is still a big fan of bath time and music.

He can say ball, no, daddy, uh-oh, nana, and encyclopedia. Just kidding about the last one. But wouldn't that be really cool! He still calls me dada, which I guess he could call me worse. I wish he knew my name was mama though. Maybe I should wear a name tag.

This is not a good picture of me, but I just love Rowe's precious expression in this picture!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya'll have the exact same beautiful smile! Excited about our playdate tomorrow! LOve ya! Erika

Jennybeth said...

These pictures warm my heart. He looks more like you now that he's gotten teeth Not that he has your horse teeth or anything. I miss you, I love you, I called you this morning and you didn't answer. Punk.


Gabe, the best brother, Long.