Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rowe's First Day

Rowe started Mother's Day Out this past Tuesday. He will be going two days a week, so that I can work on my graduate school work and internship. It was a very hard decision for me to follow through with because I felt so guilty for sending him to MDO while I am out of school during the summer. I know this is best for us both while I am still in classes, but I hate not having him with me.

I was extremely anxious Monday night and last night about it. He did great Tuesday and this morning, so I have got to chill. When we arrived at MDO Tuesday morning, he wanted out of my arms immediately so he could play with his best buddy Brayden. I talked with his teacher a few minutes, and then kissed him and told him bye. He looked at me like, "I'm really busy right now. Could you please come back another time?" He even watched me leave out the door, and went about playing without getting upset. So much for me worrying that he would think I was abandoning him. Thankfully, Tori was there to give me some moral support. When I arrived that afternoon, he was sitting in his teacher's lap "watching" a movie. As soon as he saw me, he shouted, "Daddy!" He didn't get up, so I went and sat beside him and his teacher to talk with her. She said he had no problems adjusting at all. He was steadily trying to get out of her lap or mine while we were talking so he could go play. He doesn't like to sit and watch t.v. at all. That is my fault, since he really has never seen us do it much. She said he played really rough and loud, and was a very happy boy. She said he was not mean at all, just full of energy. He had a little trouble staying on his nap mat, but he eventually went to sleep on it. She also told me that Brayden called him "My Rowe" or "My Buddy Rowe" all day. They are not in class together but for a little while in the mornings and a little in the afternoons. When their classes were together, they stuck together like glue. She said they got tickled at each other a lot, and had a great time laughing at each other. Those two boys just love each other so much! It is so sweet watching them look out for each other.

This morning, he was more reluctant to go to his class. When his teacher reached for him, he wrapped his arms around my neck with a death grip. She took him from me and set him down, and he was off in a flash to play. I think he forgot I was there before his feet hit the floor. Today will be harder for me without him here since I am working on school work at home in the silence with no sweet voice to keep me company.

This is Rowe the first day he went to stay with my parents when I went back to work after maternity leave.

This is Rowe on Tuesday morning before we left for his first day at Mother's Day Out.

3 comments:

Christi said...

Such a wonderful little guy! Just looking at the big ole smile on his face makes me smile too! I'm glad the adjustment went well. I struggle with that too but then I stop and think that the friends Caris plays with at daycare are probably a WHOLE lot more fun to her than I am. Then I stop beating myself up. You should too! You're a great Mom and I know everything you do is for Rowe's ultimate benefit, be it short-term or long-term. Good luck with your busy summer! We've got to get together again soon! Give me a call!

shannon said...

Hi Celeste! I did not realize Rowe was at FBC MDO!! That is great! We LOVED Ms. Linda. He will love her too! I see Thomas in the background playing trains. They have a great program! Great to hear it went well! :)

The Wood Family said...

I know he had fun! He had a blast and you were probably worrying about every minute! I like how he had his Rowe shirt on! I also took Jaxson on his first day wirh a shirtthat said "Jaxson" so they would know just who he is! MDO programs are great!!!! I enjoyed our talk today- sorry I kept going on and on- just trying to cram everything into one conversation!