Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Teaching Rowe to Kiss

Well, I know he is a little young for kissing lessons, but something's gotta give. He is so affectionate and for some reason thinks that the harder he bites you, the more he is showing you love. He associates biting with affection and excitement. He just doesn't understand it hurts. I honestly don't think it was all the second hand Twilight watching, but who knows. If you have ever seen my little vampire, than you have seen the size of his mouth and chompers. He could eat two kiddos before anyone even noticed they were gone. We have tried everything from spanking, talking, reading "Teeth are not for Biting" and more. No, I have not bit him, although many have recommended it in order to stop the biting. I have no intentions of biting him especially since I am trying to teach him it is wrong. Instead, I am hoping and praying he will start kissing without teeth. Lee and I don't use our teeth, so I am not sure where he is getting this from. Someone told me at church the other night that biting is a sign of intelligence, but then she got mad at me when I bit her. Just kidding, I didn't bite her, but she really did tell me that. I though that was quite interesting.
Does anyone out there have the miracle cure for my little cannibal? I think we may have solved the problem last week, which is a whole other story for a whole other post. But just in case, please send me your suggestions.

P.S. If your child was a victim of Rowe's rampid biting spree, I am so very sorry! Take comfort in knowing he has had all his shots, and has no infectious diseases.

1 comment:

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

No bite marks for Bes! =) My friend Leah went through this too... but thankfully her little boy "grew" out of it! I'll be praying for sweet little Rowe.