Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sleeping Blooty


Rowe fell asleep playing on our bed while we were getting ready for church last Sunday morning. Don't worry, he doesn't crawl or try to move around much. He just likes to sit there and play. We also had pillows lining the bed, and Lee and I were both in the room with him.
As a child, one of my favorite stories and movies was Sleeping Beauty, which I pronounced - Sleeping Blooty. I ain't always been this articulate and proper talking. ha ha. I have fond memories of my dad reading this to me, and my mom watching it with me. When I looked at Rowe sleeping so peacefully surrounded by toys and play pillows, I couldn't help but reflect on the story. Rowe is truly the fairy tale God has blessed us with. Lee and I compete nightly who can get the last kiss in. I am sure Rowe thinks, well knows that we are nuts.
Always take the time to see the fairy tales around you that you have been blessed with by God. Sometimes it is in the little things, and other times it is in the face of your child.


No comments: