Sunday, May 10, 2009

I Will Not Forget You

I will not forget those who dread Mother’s Day,
But they put on a smile anyway.
Those who go through the everyday motions,
Numb and hoping no one knows they aren’t okay.

I will not forget the empty arms with no one to hold.
Nor those without tiny clothes to fold.
Those lying on tear stained sheets,
Those with sleepless nights and filled with defeat.

I will not forget those who wrestle with God each day
Who feel guilty for doubting, but just can’t find the faith.
I will not forget those whose mustard seeds are few
And wondering if God is even listening to you.

I will not forget those whose lives are consumed
With no escape from the daily desperation that comes to stay.
I will not forget those who just want a moment of rest
To relax and enjoy this day that God has blessed.

I will not forget those who know what they are suppose to feel,
But just can’t seem to find the strength or will.
With my eyes to heaven and my knees to the floor
I will lift you up to my Father day after day and more.

Be strong and let your heart take courage, All you who hope in the LORD.
Psalm 31:24

1 comment:

Honeycutt Family said...

I can't even tell you how beautiful that poem is! No one understands the hurt of infertility like those of us that have lived it. It would be impossible to bear without Jesus!