Sunday, May 10, 2009

Psalm 31 Woman

I know, I know what you are thinking. Don't you mean Proverbs 31 woman? Well, we're both right but today I want to be a Psalm 31 verse 24 woman too. Psalm 31:24 says, "Be strong and let your heart take courage, All you who hope in the LORD." This verse tells me to be strong, courageous, and hopeful in the Lord. I want to be that kind of woman. I am not as strong in my faith as I would like to be, nor do I have the courage that prevents me from fearing the unknown. I hope for many things, but do I always put my hope in the Lord? Maybe if I put all my hope in the Lord, I would be a bit stronger and more courageous.

At this very moment I hope for nothing more than I do for my mom's healing. I hope for Rowe to love the Lord from an early age. I hope that I will finish my Master's degree by December. I hope that I will quit obsessing over my weight. I hope that I will show Lee daily how much I love and appreciate him. I hope that I will lead someone to the Lord this month or even week. I hope that my sweet friend finds out she is pregnant this month. I hope that I will spend more time in prayer than on the phone. I hope that I will spend more time making my heart look good before God than I spend trying to make my outward appearance look good before the world. What do you hope for and where is your strength and courage?

Don't lose heart and wait for the Lord. I always try to picture God is filled with joy as He is preparing our future, earthly blessings in which he plans to surprise us with. Are we wasting His joy by complaining and worrying that He has forgotten our hopes and prayers. We should wait as a child waits for Christmas, not as though we expect no answer. What are you waiting for or should I say Who are you waiting for? God will never let us down!

Happy Hoping!

2 comments:

leemeandthegirls said...

Celeste- Your blogs are always so encouraging! I could not agree more!
Thanks for the inspiration,
McCall :)

Jason and Leigha said...

Thank you Celeste! I feel like those words were meant just for me. :)