Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Before the Straw
After the Straw


Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, especially my wonderful mom. Mother's day is such an emotional holiday for me, and has been for the last few years, but for different reasons.

Mother's day 2005 was a celebration for my family. This was the first Mother's Day after my mom survived her brain aneurysms and brain surgeries. It was a day of thanksgiving to God for allowing us to keep our precious mom another year.
Mother's Day 2006 was a very difficult day for me. It was a month after our first miscarriage, and I was heart broken. I was still grateful however, that my mom and I had another year together.
I had my second miscarriage a few months prior to Mother's Day 2007, but at the first of May we found out we were expecting again. Mother's Day 2007 was happy and scary.
Mother's Day 2008 was perfect. It was my very first Mother's Day ever as a mom!!! My mom was doing well, and we spent the whole day with my family.
Mother's Day 2009 has been good. My sweet husband and chunky monkey have made it very special for me, even though my mom is not feeling well and we aren't spending the day with her. (Lee was reading this as I was typing, and said we should take mom icecream in bed and surprise her this afternoon. I can't tell you how thoughtful this man is! That will be a different post sometime.)

1 comment:

Honeycutt Family said...

That 1st picture is PRICELESS!!!!! Lovin' it! :)
Glad you had a good Mother's Day, Celeste!