Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rowe is 17 Months!

Where does the time go? How is it that I laid Rowe down last night in a size 0-3 months gown after giving him his bottle, and he woke up a size 3T and asking for his daddy? It makes me fear blinking, in fear he will grow even more and more time will have passed.

He is running everywhere and is hard to keep up with. He has thick blond on the back of his head, but the front is still jealous of every thick headed baby that passes by. His eyes are as blue as ever. He is 30 pounds (92nd Percentile) and 33 1/2 inches tall (90th Percentile.) I was proud he was even on the percentile charts this time! Yesterday, was the first time that the nurses measured his height standing up. Normally she lies down, just kidding. Normally he is lying on the little table for his length to be measured. He has chronic allergies, and it has flared up worse than ever. His breathing and coughing is starting to get better today, but now daddy and myself have the allergy crud. We can send men and women into outer space and even bring them back, but we can't even cure the common cold! People are just setting their sights too high, while we still have issues right here on Earth that should really get fixed first. Sorry, I'll quit all that blabbering.

Rowe's favorite foods are bananas, bread of any kind or form, yogurt melts, butter beans, Yo-baby yogurt, cookies (on occasion), and lots more. His favorite toys are his huge panda named Panda Landabell, balls, his big car, and his newest favorites are books, books, and more books. He is constantly bringing books to me to read and reread and reread. I have half of them memorized by now. Sometimes, I just make up new stories to go with the pictures. He doesn't usually notice. He also likes to read to me too. It usually is not in English, but at least he tries. We have started the "Your Baby Can Read" program, and so far he has learned to dance to the songs. He dances a lot throughout the day! His favorite words are daddy, stop, no, yeah, Missy, Wow, Bye Bye, and thank you and I love you are on occasion. I am still daddy instead of mommy. Once he catches on to the "Your Baby Can Read" program, I am going to get a name tag that says Mommy so he will learn my name. He is still a daddy's boy. The past two mornings, I have gone to get him out of his crib, and he kept trying to look around me as if he didn't want me. He kept looking for his daddy. He walks up to family pictures throughout the day and points to Lee saying, "daddy, daddy." It is really sweet, except for the fact that he doesn't even know MY name. I'm the one who carried him for 8 1/2 months. I'm the one who gave myself shots in my stomach for a year for him. I'm the one who nearly died in delivery! You would think he could say my name in return.

He will start Mother's Day out a couple days a week this summer. I am excited about him getting to play with other children his age, even if they aren't quite his size. I am also excited that he'll be in class with Brayden, his very best buddy. I am nervous too, because I have never left him with anyone other than my family and a couple of friends. Church nursery only lasts a couple of hours, but Mother's Day Out is all day. I am also nervous about this messing his schedule up, but I know he will love going any way!

I hope this catches up some on my sweet boy. Life just gets more and more exciting everyday because of Rowe. Lee and I are so grateful for him everyday. God is so Good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that outfit with the green vest--so precious! We walked down to your mom's tonight but you had just left--we had to go play with Missy! I want to talk to you about My Baby Can Read! Every time I see it on tv, I am so interested! LOve ya! Erika