Friday, August 22, 2008

August

The month of August has been an emotional and physical rollercoaster. Lots has happened and lots of pictures have been taken. I started back to school on August 1st. I have not mentioned it yet, because I have had such a rough start. I am firm believer that my attitude determines more than my environment, but I was questioning that belief some this month. It has gotten better, and we are all adjusting slowly but surely. Rowe has had a difficutl time with us waking him up so early in the mornings. He doesn't want to be messed with until he is ready to get up on his own. Lee gets him up, fed, ready for the day, and loaded in my car. I am taking him to my parents' this year instead of Lee since he can't have a big car seat in his work truck. Therefore, I have to get up thirty minutes earlier, and I hate waking up as much as Rowe!!! I only hit snooze three times this morning. Lee has been working really hard this month and suffered from heat exhaustion a couple of weeks ago. He was very sick, weak, and super skinny for a while. He has regained his strength and appetite, and the weather has actually gotten a lot cooler. I have not been this exhausted since I was pregnant. No, I am not pregnant, but I am still adjusting to early mornings and later nights. I am not complaining at all. I am grateful to have a job that I love, a son that loves sleep as much as I do, and hard working husband. I am very blessed and count these blessing numerous times throughout the day.
My grandmother has been in the hospital for almost two months and had major surgeries. My mom has been traveling back and forth to Jackson, so she has been sick from the traveling and is trying to take care of my grandmother when she is already in bad health herself. Mamaw is doing better and will be living at a rehab center for the next month, but is still in pain. Please pray for my mamaw and my mom. Dad is taking mom back to Jackson at the end of the week, but hopefully they will both feel well and can enjoy their visit.
I just wanted to get all of this out of my head before it was full and there was no more room for new stuff.

3 comments:

Jason and Leigha said...

Celeste,
I will keep your mom and grandmother in my prayers.

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

oh, sweet Celeste, Im sorry youve had a rough start to the school year... but I know you have one of the best attitudes of anyone Ive ever met, and its impossible for everyone not to fall in love with you eventually.... keep trucking, and things will fall into place, and it will get easier.... Ill be thinking about you

holly and morgan said...

I love you! Your year is going to get so much better! I hope that i get to come see you soon and I know that will make it all better! haha!!!\

Your mom and grandmother are always in my prayers!