Monday, August 11, 2008

Slow Your Roll, Rowe

Rowe is now 7 1/2 months old and this is my favorite age yet. My dad tells me that I am going to say that with every age that comes. I don't know how it can get any better than this. He smiles and laughs at everything I do, and I don't have to chase him anywhere because he can't crawl yet. He is rolling everywhere, which everyone else has seen more than me. I will have to get a picture soon. He tried to crawl some today.
A few things he can do now are point out mom, dad, and Missy in his picture book. It was such a great feeling to ask him, "Where's mama?" and he places his little hand over my face. He tries to say "more" when we are feeding him. I thought he was trying to say mom at first, but soon realized it was an attempt at asking for more food. He also gives great hugs with those sweet, chunky arms tightly wrapped around my neck squeezing me with his mouth wide open on my cheek. I love to ask him for love and feel that slobbery mouth on my face. Lee taught him that. What is not the best feeling is when he tries to bite a plug out of my arm, face, and anyting else he can get his teeth on. When changing his diaper, he attacks like a cat. He wraps both of his arms around mine or Lee's and pulls it to his mouth for a nice bite and laughs the whole time. I still can't believe I wondered if this boy would ever smile!
He is such a loving, ticklesh little dude. He is now reaching with one or both arms when he wants his mommy or daddy. What a great feeling! He sits up and plays for long periods of time and still loves his jumperoo. He also loves swimming and taking baths. He is growing so fast, and is about to outgrow his 12 month clothes. His hair is growing in so fuzzy. I love it! I think that is about it for now. Enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

Honeycutt Family said...

The pictures of him in the bath on that duck and in the pool just chillin' are so GREAT! Love it! :)