Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rowe 9 Months

Rowe has now been on Earth as long as he was growing in my body. I feel like he has been here forever, but it is just going by way too fast! He is crawling, more like dragging himself everywhere. He can lift his belly on all fours, but he can't carry it, so, he drags it. He can pull up to a standing position on his knees. He can stand while holding on to objects. His favorite snacks are puffs, shoes, and books. Rowe has six teeth and two more on the way. I quit naming them after the third one. He smiles at anyone and anything, until this week. I'll explain in a second. He loves to babble. He talks almost as much as we do, except in a foreign language. He says dadadad, lalalalalla, and ma (more). He sings himself to sleep each night. It is a precious sound. He still sleeps in his pack-n-play in our room. He has done this for the past month. We love having him in our room. He only eats baby food and formula, but will start some table food soon. His new favorites are his outdoor swing and his walker. He walks/runs all over our floors in his walker. Thanks Grandmother for loaning it to us. He is so active and so hard to keep up with!!!

He had his nine month check up today and his stats are as follows:
Weight: 26 pounds 5 ounces (off the charts)
Length: 30 inches long (upper 90th percentile)
Head Circumference: 18 1/4 (70th percentile)

Our doctor assured us not to worry about his size and that he is proportional. She said that his large hands and feet (size 4 shoe) indicate that he is just going to be a BIG boy. We actually met with the nurse practitioner, and she was great. She answered all 27 of my typed questions. I had to write them down, or would forget them all.

We did get some sad news though. Rowe has his first ear infection. I always knew this day would come, and that all babies get them. I know it could be much worse, but it has been difficult watching and hearing him scream in pain. No one likes to watch their baby hurt. He has been pitiful at times. I feel guilty for asking you readers to pray for him because there are so many other children who need healing much more than him, but God has time to hear all of our requests.

I have lots of really good pictures to post, but I am about to fall asleep right now. I'll post them tomorrowe, hopefully. Have a good night and I am still trying to decide on this weeks challenge. Any ideas???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rowe is so precious! We had a great time Saturday night! Love ya! Erika