Thursday, September 4, 2008

Weekly Challenge

I believe if we have no goals in life than we are just spinning our wheels. There has to be something to work towards. Sometimes, just identifying our life goals is an accomplishment. There are small steps I know that I can take to attain these goals. One of my goals is to be a better person than I was the day before. I want to become a better Christian, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, teacher and financial planner.
I have decided to set weekly challenges for my life to become this better person I want to be, and I'll take you along with me via our blog. Last week my challenge was to claim the freedoms only God can give of peace of mind and freedom from worry. This morning I was reflecting on this past week and if I truly did unload all my worries onto God. Well, I know I did in one specific area of my life. I am a bit, and more so these days, OCD when it comes to my house being clean and organized. In fact, a couple of weeks ago, I left school on my planning period just to clean my kitchen because I couldn't focus on anything else. Well, not so this week. I cleaned when I had time, and didn't focus on it the rest of the day. Instead, I focused on the blessing of even owning a house and the fun I had when I wasn't cleaning and was playing in the floor with Rowe and Lee. There are other areas of my life that I am still having to remind myself to stop obsessing and worrying, and I will continue to give these to God.
This week I will work on what I say. I have never been a gossiper or cared to hear it, nor do I use dirty language, but I am snappy and rude at times with those who love me most. I know that if my friends could follow me around all day, they would not want to be my friend anymore. Not that I ever talk about them, but I don't always use the nicest tone of voice. So I am working to choose all my words for a purpose, not just to fill silence.

2 comments:

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

Celeste, I have thought about your freedom post all week as well, and have incorporated it into my prayer life... so thank you

If you want to give me some of that cleaning OCD, Ill take it.... seems I am not focused enough on cleaning - I need to learn to be a better steward.

Thank you for these weekly reminders!

holly and morgan said...

I totally agree! Your weekly reminders are really helping me through the week! I love you! Thank you for just being you! Tell Lee hello for me!!!! Give Rowe baby kisses for me