Monday, October 13, 2008

9 Month Pictures Adventure



I just wanted to share with all of you who think our little Rowe Bug is the happiest, smiliest baby on the block, that this is not always the case. He has been battling his first ear infections over the last two weeks, which has altered our child's personality to the point of baby bipolaritus. He is smiling one minute, and fussing the next. It is quite entertaining other than the fact I know that he is hurting.

We took him to have his nine month pictures taken at Country Pumpkins last Monday, and it was quite the adventure. His stomach had been very upset since he was on his antibiotics for the infection, so I didn't plan to dress him until we arrived at the pumpkin patch. When we got there, he had made quite a nice present that was shared with his car seat, my hand, and his clothes. Lee and I worked together to get him cleaned, happy, and redressed in clean clothes. We also prayed he could make it through his pictures without ruining his cute outfit.

The camera always makes Rowe smile, until now! He did NOT want to smile, laugh, or even pretend to like us! Our sweet photographer, Jolynn Robertson, was so patient and sweet. We only got a handful of smiley pictures, but the ones of him crying were by far the best!!! If ever I am having a bad moment, I can look at these pictures and laugh at his dramatic cry face. It is hilarious! He was not crying because he felt bad, but because we took his little pumpkin squash thing away from him. He threw his first arms flailing, pouty lipped, screaming temper tantrum. Any suggestions on books about disciplining, understanding, or teaching a nine month old, will be appreciated. (Jen, you mentioned a great book on your blog months ago about this, but I can't remember the name of it.) It doesn't matter how many times I have talk with him about why biting is bad, he just doesn't seem to get it. It's like we speak two different languages. Where is the Baby Whisperer when I need him?

We had hoped to get a good family picture to use for our Christmas cards, but he didn't smile in any of the family pictures. So we are going to try again later with a more Christmas-like theme.

I have posted the slideshow at the top of this blog for your entertainment. Feel free to laugh when you feel led. Enjoy!

P.S. Check out Lee! He is such a hottie. He is so humble and embarrassed when I tell him how much I enjoy starring at him (especially when lots of people are around). Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for such a wonderful, loving husband that is so nice to look at!!! I tell him when he makes me mad, "You better be glad you are so good looking, or you wouldn't have much going for you right now!"

8 comments:

Smith family said...

She really got some good shots! I think they are great!

Honeycutt Family said...

What great pictures! I enjoyed the whole "spectrum" of emotions! Rowe seemed to really love that mini-tractor. Christmas present idea! :)

Honeycutt Family said...

Oh! Just read the whole post (sorry, I was enamored with the pics) and saw my "shout-out". :)
I have 2 book suggestions--Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting from Birth to Six Years by Jim Fay and Charles Fay and if biting is an issue there are books that I have seen in the Barnes and Noble kid area called "Why Teeth are not for Biting", "Why Hands are not for Hitting", etc.
He sounds like a typical 9 month old, but it is great that you want to read up on some disciplining ideas now. GOOD LUCK! :)
Love,
Jen

holly and morgan said...

i love all the pics and i love yall! i hope to talk to you this week!

Bo, Tori, and Brayden said...

i don't see many of him crying! i think they are great pics!

Samantha said...

You got some great shots! Be happy.. that's about normal especially for his age.. wait until he really gets mobile lol.. I was satisfied with the 3 or 4 good shots out of about 100 that we took of Hunter. He was so crazy over those tractors! That's all he wanted to do- ride the tractors. I wanted to get upset about it at first but then I told myself "you know what- this isn't all about getting good pictures of Hunter- it's about HUNTER having a good time playing and experiencing the pumpkin patch for the first time".. so there you go! I relaxed and got a few good shots .. of him and the tractor of course.. and we all were able to get what we wanted lol

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

those pics are good, Celeste... hope Rowe is feeling better

Sarah Sharp said...

Great pictures! The one of him crying sitting in-between you two made me laugh. I'm impressed how smiley he was since he wasn't feeling good!