Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rowe Ramblings

All You Can Eat Buffet
Lee and I took Rowe with us out to lunch on Saturday between Lee's hunts. Rowe loves restaurants and any other public places. He loves to study new people and new places, especially when he has a mouth full of puffs to keep him occupied. His puffs are like my chocolate - It is a must everyday.
After lunch, I took Rowe window shopping with me at the mall. I wanted to stroll him and pick up a couple small things. As we walked into the large shoe store, I could see it in his eyes - a heavenly choir singing as he was awe struck by the endless buffet of shoes. It was one of those moments where I am strolling down the baby isle at the grocerty store and he gets really excited to see all the baby food, and it is as if he has lost his life long love as we stroll away.
He would rather chew a shoe than suck on a pacifier any day! I used to have a bad habit of leaving my shoes wherever I took them off, and it drove Lee crazy. Well, I have about been broken of that habit in order to keep teeth marks off of my shoes.
People at the restaurant and mall stopped to see the baby and I know the question is coming, "How old is he?" I tell them nine months, and I always get the same response as if they had all rehearsed it together, "Whoa! He's a big boy." Poor child is going to have a complex, but I sure do like him meaty. You can't see the fasteners on his diaper when he is sitting up, because his belly hangs over it. It is great!

Baby Love

He is quite the affectionate baby. He loves to hug so tightly, and give the occasional open mouth kiss on the face. The only problem now is that his kisses end with teeth marks on my face. He bit my face during prayer Friday night before dinner with my Sunday School class, and I nearly shouted a sinful word right then. A couple of weeks ago, Lee and I were lying in the bed with Rowe between us playing. Lee was hugging him and kissing him and Rowe was returning the love. Lee sweetly asked Rowe to give Mama lovin'. Rowe looked at me a second, and then slapped me across the face. He has got an arm! The sound could have been heard across our house, that is of course if Lee's laughter wasn't drowning it out. I felt so loved and appreciated.

Limited Vocabulary
Rowe uses two words quite regularly - dada and more. Of course it is his version of the word more. I look him so lovingly in the eyes and say "mama" and gleefully responds, "dada." Lee has also been trying to teach him to say mama with no success. Maybe I should wear a name tag or something in order for him to get the picture.

Handy Rowe
Rowe has always had the habit of twisting his hands and wrists as if cranking up a motorcycle since he was born. He does this when he is excited or hungry. I always said it was so cute, but if he is still doing this when he starts Kindergarten, I'm afraid he'll be labeled a spaz. It really is cute to see.

Army Crawl
Rowe was crawling across the floor at a friends house the other night and my friend looked at me perplexed and asked, "Is that how he crawls!" My response, "Yep, don't all babies crawl like that?" She laughed and said, "No, they crawl like this," and she got on the floor and modeled the way a baby crawls. It was quite entertaining. Rowe uses his elbows in an army position with his belly dragging the floor. He knows how to crawl like others, but unless the floor is really cold, he doesn't bother lifting his ton of tummy. He is extremely fast, so we ordered a "cage" for our living room that is large enough for us all to play in it without having to go chase him. I'll post pictures when it comes in. I need to post a video of him crawling too for your entertainment.

He is also pulling up on everything, and has become a pro at falling down. He still laughs at most everything we say or do, unless we are putting eardrops in his ears. He is very ticklish especially under his arms and above his knees. He grins so big after every sneeze and after every time we startle him by saying boo or jumping out in front of him unexpectedly. He also loves bath time, but hates getting dried off afterwards. He sings himself to sleep and wakes up every morning at the same time which has gotten earlier over the last month (5:30). Lee still gets him ready each morning, and loves every second of it. Somehow, I still find a way to make us all late.

I guess that is enough rambling about my little buddy, but I felt the need to catch you up on all that has been going on in his big world.

No comments: