Friday, October 31, 2008

Weekly Challenges Recap

If you are just now joining my blog, I will explain the weekly challenges. Over the past eight weeks, I posted a weekly challenge for myself and my readers in order to help us grow as Christians, friends, and as individuals. Below are each of them:

WC #1 – Chasing Freedom
WC #2 –Not So Casual Words
WC #3 – To Procrastinate or Not to Procrastinate. I’ll decide tomorrow.
WC #4 – Stop Complaining and Shine Like the Stars
WC#5 – Leave Impressions Not Dents
WC #6 – Slow Down and See the Roses
WC #7 – Become a Dropout
WC #8 – The Great Depression or Great Dependency

I am still trying to accomplish these challenges daily. There is no finish line, but there are realistic goals with these challenges. I will never be perfect, but I will strive for perfection, without guilt for my imperfections. I hope that makes sense.

I don’t expect anyone else to be perfect either. Our flaws so often remind us we are only human and should not try to fool the world into thinking life is always perfect. I think we set such unrealistic expectations in our lives because we think others are living up to those expectations daily without any trouble. If we were all more honest with each other and a little more transparent, pressures would be lifted and burdens would be shared. So, I guess I do have one more challenge for you and myself: Stop the show and just be real, open, and human for the world to see. Don’t air out all your dirty laundry, but don’t hang only the best stuff for others to see. Many of us may be surprised to see how many others are facing the same trials, hurts, and concerns as we are right now in our lives.

I will not be posting any more weekly challenges for now. It’s your turn! Start your own Weekly Challenge series. Remember to make it personal to your life. Leave me a comment that will link me to your weekly challenge that you have posted on your blog. I love seeing the world through others’ eyes. Thanks for everyone leaving me comments on my previous challenges. I love reading them and rereading them. It is so encouraging to know that all my thinking and pondering has influenced a few of you out there.

No comments: