Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fly Again

Thirteen years ago today my grandfather passed away. I still have so many wonderful memories with him. A few months ago, my dad sang a song at church called Flay Again that I wanted to share with you. I'm not going to sing it, but I am posting the lyrics. My grandfather loved to fly his airplane when he was younger, so this song fit him so well. I hope these words touch you in a meaningful way.

Fly Again

His trembling hands held the church pew that day,
struggling to stand when they asked him to Pray.
With wisdom and strength his words were spoken.
but his body grew weary for his wings were broken.

But he will fly once again. He will soar with his wings unfolded
Hear the angels applaud as he rides on the wind to the arms of God.
And he will fly. He will fly again.

And on that day when he left for the sky
I saw him smile as he told me goodbye.
No more would he weep for missed tomorrows.
No more would he suffer in this land of sorrows.

But he will fly once again. He will soar with his wings unfolded.
Hear the angels applaud as he rides on the wind to the arms of God.
And he will fly. He will fly again.

I know that he’s in a better place.
I still dream of the day
when I’ll see his face.
Then we’ll embrace, and...

We will fly once again. We will soar with our wings unfolded.
Hear the angels applaud as we ride on the wind to the arms of God,
and we will fly. We will fly again.

No comments: