Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Waves Verses Ripples

I choose Waves.

We as Christians have the power through the Holy Spirit to make waves across this world, rather than small ripples in our own comfort zones. We are blessed with God's power that we seldom claim. We have become indifferent, complacent, and apathetic to the world we do not see. We have a purpose that is far greater than our daily routines. I am so guilty of having tunnel vision that is oblivious to the needs, hurts, and need for salvation of the rest of the world. I don't think we are all called to be foreign missionaries, but I do believe we are called to be missionaries wherever we may be. We should also be open and willing to wherever God may lead us.

Little Melvin is one way we are trying to make waves in this world. It is such a priority to Lee and I that Rowe is taught how to give, show compassion, and care for the less fortunate. My parents did a great job teaching these lessons to my brother and I throughout our lives, and it is very important to us that we do the same for Rowe.

Thank you Haley and Addie for helping out little Melvin. If anyone else would like to donate clothing items for him, you have time to get them to me. If you are in Columbus, I can come get them. I will mail them off at the end of the week wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper.

Are you making waves somewhere in our world? I would love to hear about it. Leave me a comment or send me an email.

1 comment:

The Wood Family said...

You are so welcome! I hopoe thjat some of the clothes fit and the shoes!!! Thank you for doing this for Melvin!!!