Thursday, December 4, 2008

Meet Melvin

This is our sweet Melvin that I wish I could bring home with me. He is our sponsor child through World Help. Melvin is about six months older (he turned one in July) than Rowe and lives in Guatemala with his family.
World Help only allowS sponsors to send gifts that will fit into a 6x9 envelope or smaller. Well, sweet, little Melvin is in need of clothing items, so they are letting us send a one time box of clothes, socks, and shoes. It is warm there, so he doesn't need thick, heavy clothing, and since it is a one time deal, he needs clothes in all sizes that he can grow into. This is where I need your help. My family and I have bought him some clothes and socks already, but I would like to send even more. If you have a son that has outgrown any clothes that you would be willing to donate to little Melvin, please email me and let me know. I will pay for any postage or come get it if you live nearby. My guess is that boys clothing in sizes 24 months and larger would be best.

I also ask that you pray for Melvin and his family. Pray for their needs to be meet and that Melvin will come to know the Lord at an early age. Thank you blogistas very much!

3 comments:

Smith family said...

You are such a great person. You are definitely a light in this dark world. Love you! (You should post your glamour shots from Wednesday)

The Wood Family said...

When are you sending the package? I will be in Columbus on Monday and would love to help you out, we dont really know how blessed we are until we seee pictures of these adorable children that need our help! Thank you for doing this!!! Hopefully in a few years TK and I can adopt one of these precious children! you can email me at haleyrenay@hotmail.com
thanks!
Haley Wood

Celeste said...

HEY EVERYONE, I AM SENDING SWEET MELVING'S PACKAGE TO HIM IN TWO WEEKS, SO I HOPE THAT GIVES YOU TIME TO GET ITEMS TOGETHER IF YOU ARE WANTING TO GIVE. THANK YOU AGAIN!