Sunday, December 28, 2008

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY CHUNKY MONKEY ROWE!!!

One year ago today, I was lying in a hospital bed oblivious to what was going on around me, but fully aware that we had truly been blessed with a miracle.

I can't believe a year has already passed. As I was making Rowe's party hat, I just sat and cried looking at all the pictures I used. I can't fathom the idea that we only have seventeen more of these before he graduates, God willing. I refuse to rush anything in our lives or take anything for granted. Life is too short.
We had a Chunky Monkey birthday party with our families on Friday night. Our friend, Addie came and took twelve month photos of Rowe before his party and stayed for the party to take pictures so I didn't have too. I can't wait to see the pictures, and I'll be sure to post them. Jenny Holloway made the cute as can be invitations. Taylor Massey made the cake and it was gorgeous and delicious. The company was even better. We decided that Rowe and Lee could invite a friend to our family party and we had a great turn out. We felt so honored to have some of Lee's out of town relatives attend. We don't get to see them enough.

I did get one picture of his party hat that I made. He didn't like it though, since I accidentally popped him with the string. I'm a moron sometimes. Anyway, I think it turned out cute.


Below is a picture from this morning of Rowe eating his birthday breakfast (pancakes) at my parents' house.

No comments: