Friday, December 12, 2008

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas!

Meet our newest family member, Buddy K. Elf. He is unlike any other Elf on a Shelf. A sweet friend of ours gave him to Rowe, so we named him Buddy after him and K for his wife's first initial.

We decorated our Christmas trees over the Thanksgiving holidays. Lee has his own outdoors tree filled with hunting, fishing, and other nature ornaments with shotgun shell lights. It is very elegant:) Our family tree is filled with bright, happy colored ornaments that make me smile when I look at them. Some of the ornaments are sentimental and some are just fun and cute. We did not get Rowe a tree for his room this year, because I am not sure how I want to decorate a tree for him. I want to let him decide when he is older.

Lee loves Christmas time more than anyone I know. His favorite movie is Home Alone and we have watched it at least five times already over the last couple of weeks. Soon, we'll go look at some of the Christmas lights especially the house with the music and light show! If you live here in town, go check out the house on Oswalt road and turn your radio to 102.5. The house has a light show that coincides with the music. Pretty Cool!

With all this said and done, we still celebrate the true meaning of Christmas. We know that Jesus' birth is the reason we celebrate at all. Rowe's birthday is only three days after Christmas and I know this could upset him in the future because it will be hard to have a birthday party with friends at Christmas time. Plus, he may only get one gift for both. We plan on telling him how blessed he is to get to share a birthday so close to Jesus.' It is very special to share His birthday month. Hopefully, that will help him keep Christmas in perspective for him.

Christmas Traditions

Please share with me your Christmas Traditions. We have a couple, but I would love to learn of some more. I love learning about my readers and I may want to incorporate some of them into our family traditions. This is Rowe's first Christmas, and our first as parents. I am so excited, and look forward to reading about your traditions. You can type a post entitled Christmas Traditions and leave me a link to it as a comment to this post or you can tell me your traditions as a comment.

2 comments:

Blair's Bits said...

Every year I have tried to do something very sentimental for the grandparents. My grandparents were all a very important part of my life and I have tried to instill this in my three boys lives. My mother writes poetry...a few years ago I took all of her poems, typed them and made a scrapbook that included her poems and all of her grandchildrens photos. We recently found out my mother in law has the beginning stages of alzheimers, I bought some really pretty card stock paper and each person in her family is writing what they love about her. I have got a really delicate little box that she can keep on her dresser. My hope is from time to time she pulls a card out and reads the special memories everyone has written about her. Merry Christmas!

Blair's Bits said...

Every Christmas I try to do something very special for my parents or my mother in law. My grandparents were a very important part of my life and I have tried to instill this in my three sons. A few years ago I took all of my mothers poems that she had wrote on scratch paper and typed close to 100 poems. I incorporarted the poems with pictures of all her grandchildren into a scrapbook. We recently found out that my mother in law has alzheimers. I purchased some really nice card stock paper and a very special box. I cut the cards into 4" x 4" and each of her family members wrote something about her on the cards. My hope is that from time to time she will pull these cards out and read how much she means to all of us. I try to do something that will make a lasting memory or bring old memories back.