Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. I think it was especially special sharing it with our precious gift that turned a year old today. We stayed at my parents house most of the week along with my brother and sister-in-law. They left yesterday and I already miss them. They will hopefully be back in the spring to visit. Mom was not feeling well throughout the holidays, but was a trooper the whole week. I hope she will spend this week recuperating.

My aunt and uncle got us a great video camera for Christmas, so we were able to capture Rowe's first Christmas and first birthday on video which was priceless. We are so appreciative and look forward to making many more videos and posting them soon.
Christmas Eve night, we let Rowe open one present which is a tradition in my family to open one gift on Christmas Eve. It was also my parents' 31st wedding anniversary on Christmas Eve. We love my parents so much, and appreciate them more than anything. Below is a picture of Lee and my dad getting some of Rowe's toys put together.


On Christmas morning, Rowe woke up with a big grin! When we took him to see what all Santa had brought him, he wasn't sure what to do. He just sat there in amazement with his mouth wide open. Once Lee and I started playing with him, he knew just what to do. Then we all ate a wonderful breakfast my dad cooked. My brother and sister-in-law arrived around lunch and we had a delicious lunch that mom cooked, then we opened presents.


Rowe smiling when he woke up
Rowe and his daddy playing with his blocks
Mom looking beautiful with her new cross

Rowe peeking around at mom and Gabe

Gabe and Jenny opening presents.


Friday, we had Christmas with Lee's mom's side of the family. Friday night, was Rowe's first birthday party with the family.

2 comments:

Smith family said...

Fun! I want to see pictures of the cake! I love the invitations!

Anonymous said...

We had the best Christmas ever. I love you!